We at Climacool Air Conditioning are focused on providing our clients with the best services at all times. Many aspects affect the cost-efficiency of your air-con system.
The harder your HVAC system has to work, the more energy it will consume. It means a lower temperature setting when cooling and higher while heating your home will increase your energy bill. There is no way to determine how much your AC temperature is amounting to in terms of cost. However, the rough estimate is that reducing the temperature by one degree in the summertime will add approximately 10% to the total amount of energy that your HVAC system consumes.
Energy-Efficient Settings For Air Conditioner
Here are some settings that will help increase the cost-efficiency of the air conditioner:
- Check what the difference between the outdoor & indoor temperatures is. Based on the outdoor temperature, make sure you set the room’s temperature lower than 8°C below that.
- The lesser the difference between the outdoor and indoor temperatures, the more cost-efficient the system will be. You can do this by setting the thermostat at a comfortable, higher temperature during summer and controlling humidity if required.
- Always adjust the temperature based on the season – Set the thermostat in the 21-24°C range in summer and between 23°C and 27°C during winter. For the rooms you use infrequently (e.g., basement and bathrooms), set the temperature at 23°C in the winter months.
- Don’t set the thermostat at a much colder temperature than the normal – the indoor spaces won’t cool down any faster. It will only result in compressor excessively working
- Set the system to economy mode. It will help maintain moderate temperatures in the various conditions and will help reduce your energy usage.
Some Other Things You Can Do
- If your home has a central cooling system, opt for zoning solutions. It will ensure that the air flows only into specific areas of your home.
- If you have a centralized system, shut off the fan entirely with the compressor. You can use the fan setting’s auto mode and then use fans only in the rooms you need them in.
- Install timers as that will reduce the total number of hours that your air-conditioner runs for. The system will get switched on only when someone enters that space/room; it will switch off when the person leaves the room.
- Install a programmable thermostat and set it so that the system turns on and off at specific times of the day. These devices are excellent for residential as well as commercial settings.
Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Matters
It’s always a good idea to follow the maintenance instructions set by the manufacturer. This helps to ensure that your air conditioning system functions as it should and includes regular maintenance, as well as replacing & cleaning the filters at specific intervals.
For any information about our services, feel free to contact Climacool Air Conditioning at this number- 1300 379 334. You can also send us your queries through this Contact Us form, and one of our team members will contact you shortly.