Air conditioning systems see a significant amount of wear and tear. Most people tend to use them very regularly, more so in the summer months. While do you do need air conditioners to maintain comfortable indoor air at different times of the year, it is also crucial to ensure that they are maintained well.
We at Climacool Air Conditioning are one of the most renowned companies in this space and offer industry-leading air conditioning installation, replacement and repair solutions. While we are always here to help you with any issues that you are facing with the systems, we also like to keep our clients informed about how best to look after their systems, so they function well.
Seven Common Issues with Air Conditioners
Clogged filters are one of the most frequent reasons why air conditioning systems do not work correctly. Your AC manufacturer will have specifications for air filter replacement that you must follow.
Some systems required monthly or three-monthly filter changes, while others have reusable filters. The latter need to be cleaned once they get dirty, as the clogs affect the airflow and can cause a freeze in the unit.
1. Sometimes, the thermostat may be the problem, and it may not be set to the correct temperature. Depending on where it is located, if it is affected by sunlight, not levelled correctly or if the setting is incorrect, that can be another reason why your air conditioner isn’t cooling as it should.
2. Refrigerant leakages in your air conditioning unit can affect its functioning and will result in temperature fluctuations. The system would need a thorough inspection by a trained and licensed AC technician.
3. If the drainage lines of the air conditioning system have become clogged with lint, dust or dirt, that can affect the functioning of the air conditioning unit.
4. The fuses or breakers safeguard the compressor of the motor of the air conditioning unit and prevent overheating. However, if a motor dies, the breaker is one of the first things that needs to be checked.
5. Sometimes, the capacitors burn-out and that can impact the functioning of the motors which power the fans and compressor.
6. The compressor provides energy to the system’s refrigerant and pushes it through the coils for heat exchange. If the compressor isn’t functioning the air conditioning unit will not cool the house.
7. A drop in the refrigerant levels can cause the compressor to heat up, and it will eventually cease. Excessive amounts of refrigerant can also become a problem as they will move back into the compressor, causing it to fail.
Hire Skilled AC Technicians
Corrosion in the evaporator coils, dirty condenser coils, as well as worn contractors, are other common problems that can arise in air-conditioning units. If you are facing any issues with the air conditioning system, feel free to call us without delay. We will inspect every component of the unit and service or repair it as required to ensure that it is running smoothly.
For any information about our services, feel free to contact Climacool Air Conditioning at this number- 1300 379 334. You can also send us your queries through this Contact Us form, and one of our team members will contact you shortly.